ME

ME
Just doing my job

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I want my MTV... and any TV for that matter!

I love trying new things. I love the excitement and anxiety that comes from the complete unknown. It is thrilling to walk into a place of which you have never been, to speak of a subject you have a burning curiosity for and to expose your fear - stare it dead in the face and say, "Bring it". I feel like last week was chock full of those experiences, and it took me a couple of days to mentally recover from them. I was vulnerable, open, exposed, and any other word most are afraid to be. Don't get me wrong, I was scared out of my wits on the inside, but refused to let it come through.
I went on an audition for a co-host spot for an upcoming show being prepped for pilot season, and didn't know what to expect. Without saying too much (I did sign a non-disclosure agreement) it is about a subject I have always had a passion for, although not formally trained in and it is being shopped to a network I used to adore but have lost interest in recently due to content (or lack thereof). Callbacks are this week, and I have the best feeling about it. I can't wait for my first national television experience in the spotlight. Yes, I have done America's Next Top Model, but in retrospect, I think that was just to give me a taste of that delicious cherry pie that is television, and to reiterate that feeling of "gimme more!".
I have been doing some hardcore research into acting schools in NYC. I want to see the who's who in various schools alumni, I want to know who's teaching the classes and how exclusive the program is. It's been interesting to see all the different avenues available, the different forms of training and methods of acting. I am overwhelmed by the opportunity in this city. Around every corner there is a chance to grow, to learn, to be EXPOSED. It is amazing. There's no telling how I'll get there, but I am on my way to the top of the world, and throughout this journey, I just can't get enough. Gimme more.

No comments:

Post a Comment