ME

ME
Just doing my job

Monday, April 12, 2010

New! Fresh!

Hello loverlies!! Last week was fat full of juicy goodness! As usual, it was an up and down emotional roller coaster, but I am starting to find that is a great indicator that progress is being made. Come on growing pains! Stretch me out of my comfort zone and push my boundaries out, up and all around! I can take it, and I want it!


First there was the IBM short I booked. The theme was one that I appreciated and was proud to be a part of. How would you change the world? If you had the power to move the Universe, how would you to make it a better place? When I arrived on the set, the director and producer informed me I got the job for two reasons. The first was my submitted response. I said eye contact. It sounds simplistic, but it makes a world of difference. When you make eye contact with someone, you let them know you are truly listening. ENGAGE. I love that word. Engage. There are few emotions out there that can top the feeling of being engaged with someone. Whether it be a stranger or someone you know, when you are engaged, they feel good knowing you really care about what they are saying, and you feel good because you are learning about this person. Try it. Today for lunch, look at the person taking your order in the eyes, and sincerely ask them how their day is. See what happens. The second reason I got the job, which is not surprising since this is the reason I have gotten previous praise, is because of my mauve pom pom hat. That hat makes me so happy and people LOVE it! Even with all the holes, its tattered appearance and floppy over-sized pom, I get tons of compliments on it. The shoot was fun. It was quick and easy, and a great way to start my week.


Onto the next one: My photo shoot with Kristina V Photography (http://www.kristinavphotography.com/). In short, this woman is amazing. She is going places, and I feel blessed I got to shoot with her before she blows up and is hard to get ahold of! (I believe that is beginning already). Her studio is located in the beautiful Greenwich/Stamford, CT area. This was my first venture that way, and the scenery and overall vibe was breathtaking. We did almost seven "looks" including beauty, 3 dresses, 2 lingerie and ending on my favorite - Seventeen style pop punk!! Holly Corsano, the hair and make up artist, is a true inspiration. Her talent is so far reaching, yet she is so laid back and easy going. I felt honored to share space with such fierce ladies, and the work we produced speaks for itself:


Photobucket
(Image courtesy of Kristina V Photography)


Stunning. The lighting, shot, make up, hair, expression, feeling, set up, vibe, EVERYTHING. I am so proud of this shoot, and I am incredibly grateful to the talented ladies who made this whole shoot possible.


I have a feeling this roll is good, hard and fast. It is taking me to new places originally unimaginable, and immediately attainable. Big things poppin'. Keep it coming!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous shots Tara! I'm such a fan of Kristina & Holly - you obviously made an amazing addition to their team!

    ReplyDelete